Covid-19 Temporary Rules
During the Massachusetts Covid-19 Stay At Home Advisory, please adhere to these modifications to the normal rules and regulations on conservation land and trails:
- Maintain the advised physical distance from other trail users (6 feet at time of writing).
- Please park in designated parking areas. If a parking area is overflowing, it will be harder to maintain safe distance from other users. Try a trail you haven’t tried before or wait for another time.
- Please do not use the map boxes at our kiosks. Download or print a map from home to avoid having to touch the map boxes. You can find maps in the online trail guide.
- Please follow all state and federal orders regarding public activities.
And a reminder that dogs must be leashed on our trails. This is even more important in these times as friendly dogs can cause social distance to collapse and may be able to transfer virus from one walker to another.
Standard Rules and Regulations
Littleton Conservation Lands are open for your enjoyment from sunrise to sunset.
Please help keep our conservation lands in their natural state by following these regulations:
- No motorized vehicles
- No horseback riding (on Littleton Conservation Trust properties)
- No defacement of plants, rocks, signs, walls
- No hunting
- No littering
- No overnight camping (without land administrator’s approval)
- No cutting trails (without land administrator’s approval)
- Picnicking (please clean up after yourself)
- Nature study
- Cross country skiing
- Horseback riding (on Town-owned properties only)
Take care to avoid muddy areas to minimize the damage to trails during wet seasons. Bicycles should yield to horses and walkers. Walkers should yield to horses.
Please note: Some Conservation Lands have additional regulations. Please observe posted signs at all Conservation areas.