Sunday, May 10, 2020
Note that this event has shifted to May 10 due to the forecast for snow and generally unpleasant weather to start the 9th.
Join LCT in a social-distance friendly Big Day! This is a community effort on May 9th to see (or hear) as many bird species and individual birds as we can in a single Day. You and your family can choose to participate in whatever way fits for you:
- Contribute to the group total for the Day
- Compete to see/hear more species than any other person/family
- Help your favorite Littleton Conservation property be the biggest hotspot (most species of any property).
- See how many of the known species present in town you & your family can find.
- Have the biggest hour
- Participate at any time or duration that works for you
- Participate at any property you choose, or from your own yard, windows or neighborhood.
Dustin created a species list as a Google doc that everyone can submit to for the master list.
If you can’t participate on Sunday, it’s ok! You won’t be able to contribute to the count for that BIG DAY, but you are welcome to compete on your own BIG DAY any day in May. Birders of all ages & ability welcome!
Never heard of a BIG DAY? Learn more here: https://ebird.org/globalbigday